We offer a range of general dentistry services at Reed Family Dental. These offerings serve the purpose of maintaining our patients’ oral health, which promotes overall wellness and prevents dental problems from developing or worsening. That’s why these services are referred to as preventive dentistry.
Why Does Preventive Dentistry Matter?
This type of dentistry helps patients avoid the pain and discomfort of dental problems, skip the need for extensive dental work and save money on treatments. It helps you have healthy teeth and gums, which contribute to a beautiful smile, full mouth function and whole-body health and wellness.
For example, a professional dental cleaning removes the buildup of plaque and tartar on the teeth. When left alone, these substances can result in dental problems like cavities and gum disease. Managing the problem early and preventing the buildup keeps problems from forming in the most efficient way possible.
What Is the Most Important Type of Preventive Dentistry?
The best way to prevent problems is to keep your mouth clean of the food particles, residues and buildup that contribute to dental problems. That’s why we encourage a daily oral hygiene routine that includes regular brushing and flossing.
In addition, regular twice-yearly dental exams and cleanings provide the best professional treatment in the fight against oral health concerns. The thorough cleanings we offer enhance your at-home routine, as our team uses professional tools and techniques to clean hard-to-reach spaces and stop buildup from progressing. These visits also give our dentist the chance to check for concerns on a regular basis and find problems early to prevent them from worsening.
What Are Your Preventive Dentistry Offerings at Reed Family Dental?
Our standard dental care includes regular cleaning and exam visits for all patients. These ideally take place twice per year and include X-rays during one of the visits each year.
Beyond regular checkups, preventive dentistry varies by each patient’s needs and dental goals. Here are our offerings for the whole family:
- Dental fillings: This treatment is a quick, minor treatment method to stop tooth decay from worsening.
- Extractions: While not a first resort, tooth removal is sometimes a good solution for stopping damage from spreading.
- Sealants: We can add a coating over the teeth that helps protect against buildup.
- Fluoride: We offer fluoride treatments that add strength to tooth enamel.
- Nightguards: Our custom guards protect teeth from grinding during sleep.
- Athletic mouthguards: These guards are custom-fitted to protect teeth and gums during sports and physical activity.
- Scaling and root planing: These services target symptoms of gum disease to help the gums heal and reattach to the teeth.
- Oral cancer screening: Our dentist looks for signs of oral cancer throughout the mouth, with the goal of catching any signs in early stages.
- Pediatric dentistry: We provide full dentistry services for the changing needs of growing children and teens.
Start With Regular Preventive Care Visits
We welcome your whole family to make your regular exam and cleaning visits with our office. This is the first step to keeping up with good oral health. During these visits, our team can discuss your options for protecting your teeth and gums.
Our dentist, Dr. Allison Reed, will also check for signs of problems to address them as soon as possible in the most conservative way possible. Call our helpful receptionist at 740-622-5695 to set up your next visit with our office.